Police: Dozens of teens involved in Vt. sext ring
MILTON, Vt. (AP) - August 18, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police say nearly two dozen Vermont teenagers were involved in a sexting ring in which students accessed indecent photos and videos of female classmates from a special email account.
Milton police said Thursday that five boys admitted viewing 30 to 40 images and three videos, many of which were sent by cellphone. The Milton Independent first reported the story.
Police say two of the five boys used school-issued computers to access and distribute them.
Detective Cpl. Paul Locke says girls took photos of themselves and sent them to the boys, who forwarded them to the email account. He says 17 girls aged 14 to 17 were in the photos, many of which qualify as child porn.
The students will not face charges but must attend mandatory sessions with a community board.
vermont, teens, sexting, national/world
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 17 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Fire forces several residents from Logan apartments 2 min ago
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
17 min ago
- Fire forces several residents from Logan...
2 min ago