Obama, family head to beach on Martha's Vineyard
DGARTOWN, Mass. (AP) - August 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- President Barack Obama and his family are enjoying a vacation day at the beach on Martha's Vineyard.
Obama, his wife, Michelle, and daughters Malia and Sasha were spending part of Sunday at a private beach in Edgartown, Mass.
It's the first vacation outing by the Obamas since the family arrived on the island resort to begin a 10-day vacation.
Obama has taken his daughters book shopping.
He's also played golf and dropped in at the home of his friend, Harvard Law School professor Charles Ogletree.
The president is scheduled to return to Washington next Saturday.
massachusetts, president barack obama, michelle obama, vacations, national/world
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured 59 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk 45 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- London theater partially collapses; 80...
59 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos