Obama, family head to beach on Martha's Vineyard
DGARTOWN, Mass. (AP) - August 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- President Barack Obama and his family are enjoying a vacation day at the beach on Martha's Vineyard.
Obama, his wife, Michelle, and daughters Malia and Sasha were spending part of Sunday at a private beach in Edgartown, Mass.
It's the first vacation outing by the Obamas since the family arrived on the island resort to begin a 10-day vacation.
Obama has taken his daughters book shopping.
He's also played golf and dropped in at the home of his friend, Harvard Law School professor Charles Ogletree.
The president is scheduled to return to Washington next Saturday.
massachusetts, president barack obama, michelle obama, vacations, national/world
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys 7 min ago
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Ramsey speaks on police involved deadly shootings 2 min ago
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa. 4 min ago
- Baby, man injured in SEPTA bus accident
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina 1 min ago
- Bus co. mistake disrupts kids' DC field trip
- Student and teacher shocked at Voorhees school
- 2 arrested for stealing tractor in Franklin Township
- New details released in NJ liquor swapping 27 min ago
- SEPTA announces fare hikes 59 min ago
- Down At The Shore 18 min ago
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
4 min ago
- New details released in NJ liquor swapping
27 min ago