Casey Anthony reports to Florida probation
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - August 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- Florida authorities say Casey Anthony has reported to begin her one-year probation for 2010 check-fraud convictions.
The Florida Department of Corrections said she came in sometime Wednesday evening but did not give details including where in the state she is.
The Orlando woman has been out of sight since being acquitted last month of killing her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee. Afterward, she had received death threats from those who followed the much-scrutinized case.
A Florida appeals court on Tuesday denied a request that would have stopped her from being forced to start the probation by the end of the week.
Anthony's attorneys had argued she already had completed the probation sentence in jail while she was awaiting her murder trial in Caylee's 2008 death.
casey anthony, florida, national/world
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured
- Record Weekend Warmth 49 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Record Weekend Warmth
49 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos