Casey Anthony reports to Florida probation
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - August 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- Florida authorities say Casey Anthony has reported to begin her one-year probation for 2010 check-fraud convictions.
The Florida Department of Corrections said she came in sometime Wednesday evening but did not give details including where in the state she is.
The Orlando woman has been out of sight since being acquitted last month of killing her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee. Afterward, she had received death threats from those who followed the much-scrutinized case.
A Florida appeals court on Tuesday denied a request that would have stopped her from being forced to start the probation by the end of the week.
Anthony's attorneys had argued she already had completed the probation sentence in jail while she was awaiting her murder trial in Caylee's 2008 death.
casey anthony, florida, national/world
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Paulsboro residents warned of contaminated water
- Pit bull found shot in NJ continues to recover
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police