Casey Anthony reports to Florida probation
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - August 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- Florida authorities say Casey Anthony has reported to begin her one-year probation for 2010 check-fraud convictions.
The Florida Department of Corrections said she came in sometime Wednesday evening but did not give details including where in the state she is.
The Orlando woman has been out of sight since being acquitted last month of killing her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee. Afterward, she had received death threats from those who followed the much-scrutinized case.
A Florida appeals court on Tuesday denied a request that would have stopped her from being forced to start the probation by the end of the week.
Anthony's attorneys had argued she already had completed the probation sentence in jail while she was awaiting her murder trial in Caylee's 2008 death.
casey anthony, florida, national/world
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida 56 min ago
- AccuWeather: Damp and cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in 19 min ago
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Water main break forces evacuation of Fishtown bar 11 min ago
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Probe into Conn. train crash giving way to cleanup
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- American Cancer Society celebrates 100 years
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
56 min ago
- Water main break forces evacuation of...
11 min ago