Casey Anthony reports to Florida probation
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - August 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- Florida authorities say Casey Anthony has reported to begin her one-year probation for 2010 check-fraud convictions.
The Florida Department of Corrections said she came in sometime Wednesday evening but did not give details including where in the state she is.
The Orlando woman has been out of sight since being acquitted last month of killing her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee. Afterward, she had received death threats from those who followed the much-scrutinized case.
A Florida appeals court on Tuesday denied a request that would have stopped her from being forced to start the probation by the end of the week.
Anthony's attorneys had argued she already had completed the probation sentence in jail while she was awaiting her murder trial in Caylee's 2008 death.
casey anthony, florida, national/world
- Photos: Recent prostitution arrests in Philadelphia 12 min ago
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter 4 min ago
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 2 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape