Md. police say tornado spotted on lower E. Shore
POWELLVILLE, Md. (AP) - August 27, 2011 (WPVI) -- Maryland State Police say an apparent tornado touched down on the lower Eastern Shore.
Spokesman Greg Shipley says a trooper saw what appeared to be a twister touch down in a wooded area near Powellville in Wicomico County shortly before 9 p.m. Saturday.
Shipley says there's no indication of injuries or damage to structures.
tornado, hurricanes and tropical storms, baltimore, maryland, national/world
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Teen injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos