Latest power outage numbers due to Irene
PHILADELPHIA - September 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- Here are the latest power outage numbers coming in to Action News and 6abc.com.
PECO has restored 500,000 customer, but has scattered outages of 2,000.
PPL Electric Utilities has about 7,700 customers remain without service, out of about 375,000 who were affected by Hurricane Irene. Most of the customers still without power are in a four-county area of northeastern Pennsylvania.
PSE&G has restored service to 790,000 customers since Hurricane Irene exited our region on Sunday. They currently have 7,500 customers still out. In addition, they have 2,500 customers who were ordered to be taken out of service by municipalities because of flooding.
Atlantic City Electric has 369 outages.
Delmarva Power has 167 customers still in the dark.
hurricanes and tropical storms, severe weather, florida, bahamas, north carolina, national/world
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos