Cruise ship with 262 aboard evacuated off Norway
OSLO, Norway - September 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police say two people have been killed in a fire on a cruise liner operating on a popular route along Norway's coast.
Police said in a statement Thursday they received information that an additional four people are missing, but said they couldn't confirm that.
Hospital officials say six people have been taken into hospital, at least two with serious burns and smoke injuries. The operator of the ship says three of its crew were among those sent to hospital.
It also said some of its crew is searching the ship to make sure all the 262 people on board have been evacuated.
norway, fire, national/world
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting 54 min ago
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands 19 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school 11 min ago
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly...
11 min ago