Cruise ship with 262 aboard evacuated off Norway
OSLO, Norway - September 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police say two people have been killed in a fire on a cruise liner operating on a popular route along Norway's coast.
Police said in a statement Thursday they received information that an additional four people are missing, but said they couldn't confirm that.
Hospital officials say six people have been taken into hospital, at least two with serious burns and smoke injuries. The operator of the ship says three of its crew were among those sent to hospital.
It also said some of its crew is searching the ship to make sure all the 262 people on board have been evacuated.
norway, fire, national/world
- Plane's landing gear apparently collapses at PHL 1 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound 37 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad