Republican Bachmann: 'We're in for the marathon'
WASHINGTON (AP) - September 23, 2011 (WPVI) -- Minnesota Congresswoman Michele Bachmann refuses to accept that the 2012 Republican presidential sweepstakes has come down to a choice between Mitt Romney and Rick Perry.
Bachmann says "I'm in it for the long haul."
Bachmann tells CBS's "The Early Show" she is a viable candidate, noting she won the Iowa straw poll. That test of strength happened on the same day that Perry, the governor of Texas, got into the race.
Bachmann tells interviewers she isn't participating in the Florida straw poll, saying the balloting is among a much narrower band of prospective Republicans than in Iowa. She stresses that "we're in it for the marathon." The congresswoman also says she's working hard on fundraising efforts and says the party needs a candidate "who understands the economy and job creation."
election, michele bachmann, national/world
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death 23 min ago
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released 49 min ago
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers 42 min ago
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight crime 38 min ago
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- The 10-minute nose job
9 min ago
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
49 min ago
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off...
42 min ago