Woman accused of choking Walmart greeter gets jail
ELYRIA, Ohio (AP) - September 30, 2011 (WPVI) -- A judge in Ohio has sentenced a woman to 15 days in jail for choking a 71-year-old Walmart greeter who asked to see a receipt as the woman left the store.
Elyria Municipal Judge Lisa Locke Graves sentenced 49-year-old Toni Duncan on Thursday for what she calls the "absolutely reprehensible" attack last March. Duncan was sentenced after pleading no contest and being found guilty of assault.
According to The Chronicle-Telegram, the defendant also was ordered to take an anger management course by year's end and stay away from the Elyria Walmart and the victim for five years.
The woman's 23-year-old daughter was sentenced to three days in jail for disorderly conduct and also was ordered to stay away from Walmart for five years.
walmart, sentencing, trial, national/world
- China: Vietnam detects signals from missing plane 36 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos