Woman accused of choking Walmart greeter gets jail
ELYRIA, Ohio (AP) - September 30, 2011 (WPVI) -- A judge in Ohio has sentenced a woman to 15 days in jail for choking a 71-year-old Walmart greeter who asked to see a receipt as the woman left the store.
Elyria Municipal Judge Lisa Locke Graves sentenced 49-year-old Toni Duncan on Thursday for what she calls the "absolutely reprehensible" attack last March. Duncan was sentenced after pleading no contest and being found guilty of assault.
According to The Chronicle-Telegram, the defendant also was ordered to take an anger management course by year's end and stay away from the Elyria Walmart and the victim for five years.
The woman's 23-year-old daughter was sentenced to three days in jail for disorderly conduct and also was ordered to stay away from Walmart for five years.
walmart, sentencing, trial, national/world
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8 arrested 16 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Package prompts evac at Del. National Guard base 25 min ago
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Woman's body found in Pa. excavation storage site
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55 12 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River 10 min ago
- American Meb Keflezighi wins Boston Marathon 12 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!