Pilot killed when small plane crashes into Ky. inn
FALLS OF ROUGH, Ky. (AP) - September 30, 2011 (WPVI) -- A small plane crashed into the rear of a two-story inn in Kentucky near a popular state park on Friday, killing the pilot.
The plane went down around 1:45 p.m. EDT, causing damage to Pine Tree Inn near Rough River Dam State Resort Park. Officials say the scene was clear and the fire was out by Friday evening.
Grayson County Coroner Joe Brad Hudson says the man was killed on impact. Hudson says his name won't be released until family is notified.
Hudson says one woman at the inn suffered minor injuries and was treated at the scene.
The park is in the Falls of Rough area of Kentucky, about 95 miles southwest of Louisville. The area bills itself as a prime boating, camping and fishing spot.
plane crash, kentucky, national/world
- Drexel student found dead in sorority house
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Video: Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos