Police find body of Chesapeake plane crash victim
SMITH ISLAND, Md. (AP) - October 3, 2011 (WPVI) -- Maryland State Police say authorities have found the body of a 78-year-old woman who was a passenger in a single-engine airplane that crashed into the Chesapeake Bay.
Police said Monday that she is believed to be Mary Lagerquist of Sequim (SKWIM), Wash.
The plane was piloted by her 48-year-old son Lanson Ross II of Fort Washington, Md.
He told police that he swam to shore but that his mother died in the water after the plane went down late Sunday afternoon.
maryland, plane crash, national/world
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Obama mourns death of icon Nelson Mandela
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home 13 min ago
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Police raid alleged chop shop in South Philadelphia 21 min ago
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep