Giffords to attend husband's retirement ceremony
TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) - October 5, 2011 (WPVI) -- U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords plans to attend a military retirement ceremony for her husband Mark Kelly in Washington, D.C., on Thursday.
Giffords' press secretary, Mark Kimble, tells The Associated Press that the Arizona congresswoman will leave Houston on Wednesday to attend the ceremony that's being presided over by Vice President Joseph Biden.
Following the ceremony, Kimble says Giffords will return to Houston where she is recovering after being shot in January outside a Tucson grocery store.
Kelly was the commander of the last mission of space shuttle Endeavour in May. He is writing a memoir with his wife that is set to be released Nov. 15.
rep. gabrielle giffords, nasa, national/world
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show 53 min ago