Police: NM woman put ad on Craigslist to buy pot
ROSWELL, N.M. (AP) - October 12, 2011 (WPVI) -- A New Mexico woman is facing charges after police say she put an ad on Craigslist looking to buy drugs.
KOB-TV reports that Roswell police arrested Anamicka Dave after officers posing as sellers arranged to meet her through text messages.
According to the station, Dave's ad said she was new to town and "looking for Mary Jane."
Roswell Police Sgt. Ty Sharpe says he was surprised someone would post an online ad for marijuana and he thought it might be another police sting.
Police met the 29-year-old Albuquerque woman in a parking lot and then arrested her.
It was unclear if she had an attorney.
new mexico, marijuana, craigslist, national/world
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 53 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad