Police: NM woman put ad on Craigslist to buy pot
ROSWELL, N.M. (AP) - October 12, 2011 (WPVI) -- A New Mexico woman is facing charges after police say she put an ad on Craigslist looking to buy drugs.
KOB-TV reports that Roswell police arrested Anamicka Dave after officers posing as sellers arranged to meet her through text messages.
According to the station, Dave's ad said she was new to town and "looking for Mary Jane."
Roswell Police Sgt. Ty Sharpe says he was surprised someone would post an online ad for marijuana and he thought it might be another police sting.
Police met the 29-year-old Albuquerque woman in a parking lot and then arrested her.
It was unclear if she had an attorney.
new mexico, marijuana, craigslist, national/world
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 12 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash 41 min ago
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- Carolers to perform for cancer patient in...
13 min ago