Pa. man 'ashamed' for thousands of lewd calls
CARLISLE, Pa. (AP) - October 26, 2011 (WPVI) -- A central Pennsylvania man who made more than 400 lewd prank phone calls in a single day has been sentenced in a second case related to a two-county investigation.
Forty-three-year-old Rip Alan Swartz said he's "ashamed" over the thousands of obscene calls he made over the last five years before a Cumberland County judge sentenced him to probation on Tuesday.
Swartz was arrested a year ago after he repeatedly called a Hooters restaurant. Authorities say Swartz called businesses trying to get woman to talk to him about pantyhose.
Last month Swartz was ordered to spend at least nine months behind bars after pleading guilty to harassment in neighboring Dauphin County.
Swartz told the judge he hopes to complete a treatment program and put the calls behind him.
pennsylvania, cumberland county, practical jokes, sentencing, national/world
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape 34 min ago
- Clouds, some sun, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police ID suspect in Camden Marine's murder
- Hunting Park standoff ends with surrender
- Toys for Tots: Woman on video was volunteer 40 min ago
- Man critically injured in hit-and-run in SW Philly
- Police cruiser involved in Tacony crash
- Co-host of HGTV show killed in motorcycle crash
- Man survives 3 days at bottom of Atlantic
- Sophia, Jackson most popular baby names of 2013
- Photos: Paul Walker: Pictures of crash scene, vigil
- Photos: Open House: Pat Croce's $7.95M mansion
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up...
34 min ago