Magnitude-6.9 quake shakes Peruvian capital
LIMA, Peru (AP) - October 28, 2011 (WPVI) -- An earthquake with a preliminary magnitutde of 6.9 has rattled Peru's capital.
There are no immediate reports of damage or injuries.
The U.S. Geological Survey says it was centered just off the coast, 31 miles (50 kilometers) from Ica at a depth of 9.2 miles (15 kilometers).
The location is 186 miles (299 kilometers) southwest of Lima.
peru, earthquake, national/world
- Homes damaged by Ocean County forest fire
- Winds Ease Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Wedding crashers caught on camera
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 1 min ago
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests