Magnitude-6.9 quake shakes Peruvian capital
LIMA, Peru (AP) - October 28, 2011 (WPVI) -- An earthquake with a preliminary magnitutde of 6.9 has rattled Peru's capital.
There are no immediate reports of damage or injuries.
The U.S. Geological Survey says it was centered just off the coast, 31 miles (50 kilometers) from Ica at a depth of 9.2 miles (15 kilometers).
The location is 186 miles (299 kilometers) southwest of Lima.
peru, earthquake, national/world
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- Surveillance expected from Target heist 43 min ago
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding 10 min ago
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Video: Beating turns dropout into genius 47 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
43 min ago