Missing autistic 8-year-old boy found alive in Va.
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) - October 28, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities say an 8-year-old autistic boy who has been missing since wandering away from his family at a park on Sunday has been found alive.
Hanover County Sheriff David Hines says Robert Wood Jr. was found in a creek bed in a fetal position around 2 p.m. Friday and reunited with his family. Wood was in good condition but taken to a hospital for treatment.
The boy was found at a quarry about a mile from North Anna Battlefield Park, where he disappeared while on a walk with family on Sunday.
Wood was the focus of an intense search involving thousands of volunteers around the park.
virginia, autism, missing children, national/world
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 58 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 51 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif. 34 min ago
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow 50 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan...
58 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
51 min ago