Montel Williams: Israel leads in medical marijuana
Sunday, October 30, 2011
JERUSALEM (AP) - October 30, 2011 (WPVI) -- Emmy Award-winning television personality Montel Williams says Israel is at the forefront of providing patient access to medical marijuana.Williams was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 1999. He has since been an outspoken advocate of medical marijuana to relieve pain caused by disease. The former host of the popular long-running talk show "The Montel Williams Show" is meeting legislators, scientists and physicians in Israel on a fact-finding mission. He told The Associated Press Sunday that the United States could learn from Israel how to treat marijuana just "like any other medication that a doctor uses in their arsenal." Williams, 55, says he takes cannabis on a daily basis and that "for me, there is nothing else that can do what it does."
(Copyright ©2013 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
israel, medical marijuana, national/world
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man 33 min ago
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor 37 min ago
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova...
37 min ago
More 6abc.com resources