Madoff son didn't suspect father of Ponzi scheme
NEW YORK (AP) - October 31, 2011 (WPVI) -- Andrew Madoff says he never suspected his financier father of running a Ponzi scheme because he grew up hearing what a legend he was.
He says people had an incredible vision of Bernard Madoff as a "spectacularly skillful trader."
Andrew Madoff made his comments Monday during an appearance with his mother, Ruth, and his fiancDee, Catherine Hooper, on NBC's "Today" show.
Their appearance coincided with the publication of "Truth and Consequences" by Laurie Sandell. It contains extensive interviews with family members.
Andrew Madoff says the book provided an opportunity to say in their own words what had really happened, and "to speak to the thousands of victims I don't know."
Ruth Madoff says she doesn't miss her husband. She says: "The villain of all this is behind bars."
bernard madoff, new york, new york city, national/world
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man rescued from Schuylkill River 10 min ago
- Boston Marathon to be under tight security 14 min ago
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous' 11 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Camden teen reported missing
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear 28 min ago
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!