Prince Harry surprises Arizona restaurant patrons
GILA BEND, Ariz. (AP) - November 7, 2011 (WPVI) -- The western Arizona town of Gila Bend got a visit from royalty when Prince Harry dined with about 30 military companions at the Little Italia Restaurant.
Friday's royal visit came as a big surprise to the staff and restaurant owner Antonino Buccellato. He tells The Arizona Republic Harry ate a pizza covered with pepperoni, bacon and sausage.
Locals have been wondering if they would get a chance to see the third in line to the British throne. Buccellato says patrons recognized the prince and began whispering and talking to one another, but nobody got up and asked to speak to him.
Prince Harry is in Arizona for Apache helicopter training at the Gila Bend Air Force Auxiliary Field.
prince harry, england, arizona, military, national/world
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash 27 min ago
- Wintry Weekend 14 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub 29 min ago
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub 8 min ago
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Wintry Weekend
14 min ago