Boy, 11, reports mom to police for marijuana use
HASTINGS, Minn. (AP) - November 16, 2011 (WPVI) -- An 11-year-old Minnesota boy who says he was fed up with his mom and stepfather filling their home with marijuana smoke took photos of the drugs and sent them to police, leading to their arrest.
Drug agents served a search warrant on their home in Ravenna Township near Hastings, last month and arrested Heidi Siebenaler, a Dakota County probation supervisor, and her husband, Mark Siebenaler. Both face charges in the case.
A criminal complaint says the boy told investigators he had complained numerous times to his mother about the marijuana smell. He finally took the matter to his biological father who told him to take pictures of the marijuana. The father then forwarded the photos to authorities.
Heidi Siebenaler tells KMSP-TV that her husband smokes marijuana for medicinal purposes.
minnesota, marijuana, national/world
- Screaming vandal smashes police car windows 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight 31 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 23 min ago
- Couple attacked by cat say they'll get it help
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Family of 5 escapes house fire in New Castle
33 min ago