3 Conn. co-workers claim $254M Powerball jackpot
ROCKY HILL, Conn. (AP) - November 28, 2011 (WPVI) -- Three asset managers from Connecticut's affluent New York suburbs claimed a $254 million Powerball jackpot on Monday off a $1 ticket.
Gregg Skidmore, Brandon Lacoff and Tim Davidson came forward as trustees for The Putnam Avenue Family Trust, which they formed after Davidson bought the winning ticket at a Stamford gas station. At least two of them live in Greenwich, one of America's wealthiest towns.
They will take the after-tax lump sum of nearly $104 million in cash. They say a significant portion will go to charity.
Davidson bought the $1 quick pick ticket for the Nov. 2 drawing at the Shippan Point Getty station in Stamford. It was the only ticket he bought. The winning numbers were 12-14-34-39-46, Powerball 36.
The jackpot was the largest ever won in Connecticut and the 12th biggest in Powerball history.
The three men work at a small, startup asset management firm called Bell Asset Management in Greenwich. They appeared with their lawyer at a news conference and didn't say much.
"It feels good," Skidmore said.
Lottery officials had used billboards across the state to urge the ticket holder to come forward as the weeks went by without a winner.
Ranjit Singh, manager of the Getty station, said lottery officials called the station at about 10:30 a.m. Monday to announce that the winning ticket had been sold there. The station receives $100,000 for selling the winning ticket.
Singh said he didn't know the winners and doesn't remember selling the winning ticket.
"We're really happy," Singh said. "Christmas is a little early."
Associated Press writer Dave Collins in Hartford contributed to this report.
connecticut, lottery, powerball, national/world
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 7 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend! 52 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft 41 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting 46 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run 57 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Finally, a nice weekend!
52 min ago
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239...
7 min ago
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart...
41 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton...
46 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos