Fla. man accused of stealing car during movie date
WESLEY CHAPEL, Fla. (AP) - December 16, 2011 (WPVI) -- Deputies in Florida say a man is accused of stealing a woman's car while they were on a date at a Tampa area movie theater.
Pasco County Sheriff's deputies say 27-year-old Michael Pratt now faces grand theft charges.
The St. Petersburg Times reports Pratt told the woman he needed to get something from the car while they were watching the movie.
She gave him her keys. When he didn't return, she called him. Authorities say Pratt laughed, then told the woman he'd stolen her car.
She tried contacting Pratt before calling the sheriff's office. Four days later, Pratt called and told her he dumped the car. Deputies found it and arrested Pratt on Wednesday.
He is in the Pasco County Jail. No attorney was listed on Pratt's jail records.
florida, carjacking, theft, national/world
- Delco school on lockdown amid standoff 32 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police