Queen Elizabeth visits husband in hospital
Saturday, December 24, 2011
LONDON (AP) - December 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- Queen Elizabeth II has arrived at a hospital in Cambridge to visit her husband who is recovering from a heart procedure.
Prince Philip, 90, was taken to the hospital from the queen's Sandringham estate in Norfolk late Friday after experiencing chest pains. He had a coronary stent put in after tests found a blocked artery was to blame. Elizabeth was seen flying in by helicopter and arriving at the hospital in a Range Rover.
Buckingham Palace said Saturday "the Duke of Edinburgh has had a good night."
(Copyright ©2013 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
queen elizabeth, prince charles, london, national/world
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings 3 min ago
- Showers, thunderstorms today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Accident causes delays on I-95 N near Cottman in Tacony 45 min ago
- Driver injured in crash involving Delaware fire chief
- Jose Canseco accused of sexual assault in Vegas
- Vote on gay Scouts comes at emotional moment
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- $2B in Okla. tornado damage means hard recovery
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Finding the perfect bra
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings
3 min ago
More 6abc.com resources