Queen Elizabeth visits husband in hospital
Saturday, December 24, 2011
LONDON (AP) - December 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- Queen Elizabeth II has arrived at a hospital in Cambridge to visit her husband who is recovering from a heart procedure.
Prince Philip, 90, was taken to the hospital from the queen's Sandringham estate in Norfolk late Friday after experiencing chest pains. He had a coronary stent put in after tests found a blocked artery was to blame. Elizabeth was seen flying in by helicopter and arriving at the hospital in a Range Rover.
Buckingham Palace said Saturday "the Duke of Edinburgh has had a good night."
(Copyright ©2014 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
queen elizabeth, prince charles, london, national/world
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
More 6abc.com resources