Queen Elizabeth visits husband in hospital
Saturday, December 24, 2011
LONDON (AP) - December 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- Queen Elizabeth II has arrived at a hospital in Cambridge to visit her husband who is recovering from a heart procedure.
Prince Philip, 90, was taken to the hospital from the queen's Sandringham estate in Norfolk late Friday after experiencing chest pains. He had a coronary stent put in after tests found a blocked artery was to blame. Elizabeth was seen flying in by helicopter and arriving at the hospital in a Range Rover.
Buckingham Palace said Saturday "the Duke of Edinburgh has had a good night."
(Copyright ©2014 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
queen elizabeth, prince charles, london, national/world
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 22 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday 2 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean 10 min ago
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash 51 min ago
- Fire damages Flap Jacks restaurant on City Avenue 12 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Fire damages Flap Jacks restaurant on City...
12 min ago
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila....
22 min ago
More 6abc.com resources