Syria government says 40 killed in suicide blasts
DAMASCUS, Syria - December 23, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Syrian military official says the death toll from twin suicide car bombings in Damascus is now more than 40.
The military official says more than a hundred people were wounded in the explosions targeting security and intelligence headquarters in the Syrian capital.
He spoke to reporters on condition of anonymity because he was not allowed to give official statements.
He declined to say how many civilians and military personnel were among the deaths.
syria, bombing, national/world
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas 34 min ago
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos