Syria government says 40 killed in suicide blasts
DAMASCUS, Syria - December 23, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Syrian military official says the death toll from twin suicide car bombings in Damascus is now more than 40.
The military official says more than a hundred people were wounded in the explosions targeting security and intelligence headquarters in the Syrian capital.
He spoke to reporters on condition of anonymity because he was not allowed to give official statements.
He declined to say how many civilians and military personnel were among the deaths.
syria, bombing, national/world
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating 41 min ago
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos 4 min ago
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- SUV crashes into gas pump, bursts into flames
16 min ago