Enfamil company: No bacteria found in infant formula
COLUMBIA, Mo. (AP) - December 25, 2011 (WPVI) -- Illinois-based Mead Johnson says another batch of tests done on its Enfamil Premium Newborn infant formula found no trace of the bacteria tied to the death of a Missouri baby.
Preliminary hospital tests indicated 10-day-old Avery Cornett died Dec. 18 of a rare infection caused by bacteria known as Cronobacter sakazakii. The source of the bacteria hasn't been determined, but it can be found in powdered formula.
Avery had consumed Enfamil Newborn formula.
National retailers including Wal-Mart Stores Inc., Walgreen Co., Kroger Co. and Safeway have since pulled a batch of the powdered infant formula from their shelves.
The Food and Drug Administration, the Centers for Disease Control and the Missouri Department of Health are investigating Avery's death.
Mead Johnson said Sunday it shared its test results with investigators.
baby death, recall, walmart, missouri, national/world
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow 28 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay 56 min ago
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast
- US Airways, American merger complete 58 min ago
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Obama heading to South Africa
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being shot 7 min ago
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
28 min ago
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being...
7 min ago