4 killed in Maine crash, state's worst in 2011
PALERMO, Maine (AP) - December 25, 2011 (WPVI) -- Maine State Police say four men have died in a Christmas Day traffic accident, the state's deadliest this year.
The four died instantly in the two-vehicle crash about 1:30 p.m. Sunday. The accident occurred on Route 3 in Palermo.
The victims have been identified as 18-year-old Tyler Manduca and his brother, 21-year-old Kyle Manduca, both of Bucksport, and 64-year-old Dennis Sturges and his father, 83-year-old Roy Lucier, both of Palermo.
Troopers say light snow was falling at the time of the crash and Tyler Manduca was traveling too fast when he lost control of his sport-utility vehicle. It skidded sideways into Sturges' car. They say alcohol is not considered to be a factor.
The road was closed for nearly four hours.
accident, maine, christmas, national/world
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser 27 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show