Arrest in abduction of 2-year-old Va boy
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) - December 26, 2011 (WPVI) -- Richmond, Va., police have arrested a man sought in the abduction of a 2-year-old boy from the scene of a double homicide. The boy later was found safe in the back seat of a stolen SUV.
Police said on Monday that 27-year-old Jamal Louis Clemons of Richmond faces charges of abduction, robbery and other counts. They also say charges related to the homicides will be pursued.
Police say 60-year-old Edward Lee Bowmer Jr. and 56-year-old Robin Sheryl Clapp were shot to death on Christmas Eve.
Afterward, they say Clemons stole a running SUV with Kaiden Burnside in the back seat.
Kaiden was found a few hours later and police say he has been reunited with his family.
children, abduction, homicide, virginia, national/world
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish