Arrest in abduction of 2-year-old Va boy
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) - December 26, 2011 (WPVI) -- Richmond, Va., police have arrested a man sought in the abduction of a 2-year-old boy from the scene of a double homicide. The boy later was found safe in the back seat of a stolen SUV.
Police said on Monday that 27-year-old Jamal Louis Clemons of Richmond faces charges of abduction, robbery and other counts. They also say charges related to the homicides will be pursued.
Police say 60-year-old Edward Lee Bowmer Jr. and 56-year-old Robin Sheryl Clapp were shot to death on Christmas Eve.
Afterward, they say Clemons stole a running SUV with Kaiden Burnside in the back seat.
Kaiden was found a few hours later and police say he has been reunited with his family.
children, abduction, homicide, virginia, national/world
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases