Media mogul Rupert Murdoch takes to Twitter
LONDON - January 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Yes, it really is Rupert Murdoch - and not an impostor - on Twitter.
A man using the media mogul's name started tweeting over the New Year's holiday, and a spokeswoman at his News International company confirmed Monday the account - which has the handle rupertmurdoch - is genuine.
The embattled chief of the sprawling News Corp. media conglomerate says on Twitter that his resolutions for 2012 are to "try to maintain humility" and to diet.
The 80-year-old added that he wants to stay curious. He also sounds bored with his holiday: "Back to work tomorrow," he says. "Enough idling!"
Murdoch may face questioning later this year from the Leveson Inquiry, which is investigating criminal wrongdoing at Murdoch's British newspapers, including the now-closed News of the World tabloid.
london, rupert murdoch, twitter, national/world
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man