Media mogul Rupert Murdoch takes to Twitter
LONDON - January 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Yes, it really is Rupert Murdoch - and not an impostor - on Twitter.
A man using the media mogul's name started tweeting over the New Year's holiday, and a spokeswoman at his News International company confirmed Monday the account - which has the handle rupertmurdoch - is genuine.
The embattled chief of the sprawling News Corp. media conglomerate says on Twitter that his resolutions for 2012 are to "try to maintain humility" and to diet.
The 80-year-old added that he wants to stay curious. He also sounds bored with his holiday: "Back to work tomorrow," he says. "Enough idling!"
Murdoch may face questioning later this year from the Leveson Inquiry, which is investigating criminal wrongdoing at Murdoch's British newspapers, including the now-closed News of the World tabloid.
london, rupert murdoch, twitter, national/world
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt 35 min ago
- Man critical after police-involved shooting
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Man swallows gold bars in India
- Video: Dying dog in Canada has bucket list
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos