Another syringe found in Walmart clothing in Ga.
CARTERSVILLE, Ga. (AP) - January 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say another syringe has been found in clothing from a Walmart store in Georgia, bringing the number of cases to 15 at the same store since late November.
Sheriff's officials in Bartow County. North of Atlanta, say they're investigating what appeared to be a broken piece of a syringe with the needle intact. The Daily Tribune News reports that it was found in a pair of brown slippers purchased from the store in December.
A woman reported the case to the sheriff's office Friday, saying her daughter had bought the slippers and later discovered the needle. No injuries were reported.
Wal-Mart Stores Inc. spokeswoman Dianna Gee has said company officials believe the syringe scare is isolated to its Cartersville store.
georgia, walmart, national/world
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday 26 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
26 min ago
- Skydiver gets tangled with landing plane
13 min ago
- Student meets bone marrow recipient for...
10 min ago