Another syringe found in Walmart clothing in Ga.
CARTERSVILLE, Ga. (AP) - January 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say another syringe has been found in clothing from a Walmart store in Georgia, bringing the number of cases to 15 at the same store since late November.
Sheriff's officials in Bartow County. North of Atlanta, say they're investigating what appeared to be a broken piece of a syringe with the needle intact. The Daily Tribune News reports that it was found in a pair of brown slippers purchased from the store in December.
A woman reported the case to the sheriff's office Friday, saying her daughter had bought the slippers and later discovered the needle. No injuries were reported.
Wal-Mart Stores Inc. spokeswoman Dianna Gee has said company officials believe the syringe scare is isolated to its Cartersville store.
georgia, walmart, national/world
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 43 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped girls in class 16 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment 5 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 18 min ago
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home 10 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 57 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
18 min ago