8 injured in 41-vehicle pileup on I-75 in Kentucky
DRY RIDGE, Ky. (AP) - January 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say eight people have been injured in a 41-vehicle pileup that shut southbound Interstate 75 for hours on a day when scattered snow showers pelted northern Kentucky.
Kentucky's Kenton County police department issued a statement saying six of the injured were taken to hospitals, but none of the injuries was life-threatening. It said cars and other vehicles collided on southbound lanes at 12:22 p.m. Monday just north of Crittenden and south of Cincinnati.
Police say 23 vehicles had to be towed before southbound lanes reopened at 2:45 p.m. A news photo showed cars sprawled across several lanes and beside a shoulder with accumulated snow. Authorities say the cause is under investigation.
Meteorologist John Denman with the National Weather Service in Louisville said snow showers fell around the state Monday.
kentucky, accident, national/world
- Hit and run victim found near Wilmington road 20 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler 1 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th 10 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Video: Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Police question suspect in Christmas package theft 3 min ago
- Reward offered after dogs found in trash bags
- Charges filed in alleged chop shop raid in N. Phila. 4 min ago
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy. crash
- Hit and run victim found near Wilmington road
20 min ago
- Police question suspect in Christmas...
3 min ago