Hundreds at NYC funeral for 3 girls in Conn. fire
NEW YORK - January 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Hundreds of people are attending a funeral in New York City for three girls who died along with their grandparents in a Christmas morning fire in Connecticut.
The program for Thursday's funeral at a church in Manhattan featured a joyous, laughing photo of 9-year-old Lily Badger and her 7-year-old sisters, Sarah and Grace.
The readings included a well-known Bible passage: "Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not."
Authorities say a bag of discarded fireplace embers started the blaze.
fire, connecticut, new york city, national/world
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville 3 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 million dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft 47 min ago
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large 7 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park 45 min ago
- Gloucester Twp. school put on precautionary lockout
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier 42 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies