Hundreds at NYC funeral for 3 girls in Conn. fire
NEW YORK - January 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Hundreds of people are attending a funeral in New York City for three girls who died along with their grandparents in a Christmas morning fire in Connecticut.
The program for Thursday's funeral at a church in Manhattan featured a joyous, laughing photo of 9-year-old Lily Badger and her 7-year-old sisters, Sarah and Grace.
The readings included a well-known Bible passage: "Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not."
Authorities say a bag of discarded fireplace embers started the blaze.
fire, connecticut, new york city, national/world
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide 32 min ago
- Stormy to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack 15 min ago
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore 44 min ago
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
32 min ago
- Lindenwold school bus crash caught on camera
25 min ago