Hundreds at NYC funeral for 3 girls in Conn. fire
NEW YORK - January 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Hundreds of people are attending a funeral in New York City for three girls who died along with their grandparents in a Christmas morning fire in Connecticut.
The program for Thursday's funeral at a church in Manhattan featured a joyous, laughing photo of 9-year-old Lily Badger and her 7-year-old sisters, Sarah and Grace.
The readings included a well-known Bible passage: "Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not."
Authorities say a bag of discarded fireplace embers started the blaze.
fire, connecticut, new york city, national/world
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash 24 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos