Police: Man kills 2 in Ga. hospital shooting
FORT OGLETHORPE, Ga. (AP) - January 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a gunman opened fire in the intensive care unit of a northwest Georgia hospital, killing his wife and mother-in-law before turning himself in to police.
Georgia Bureau of Investigation spokesman John Bankhead says the shooting happened around 6 p.m. Friday at Hutcheson Medical Center in Fort Oglethorpe, Ga., which is located near the Tennessee line.
Bankhead says the women were visiting a family member when the shooting happened. The motive for the shooting was not immediately known. Bankhead didn't know the suspect's name or if any charges had been filed.
Fort Oglethorpe, Ga., is about 10 miles from Chattanooga, Tennesee.
shooting, hospitals, georgia, national/world
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 16 min ago
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...