Joran van der Sloot enters court for murder trial
LIMA, Peru (AP) - January 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Joran van der Sloot has entered the court where a panel of three female judges will try him in the 2010 murder of a 21-year-old Peruvian woman.
The 24-year-old Dutchman entered in a blue blazer and faded blue jeans with a bullet-proof vest beneath the jacket.
His has a close-cut crew cut and is wearing a long-sleeve gray shirt.
An interpreter is being sworn in. The Dutchman's attorney said his client may enter a guilty plea. Van der Sloot was also the prime suspect in the unsolved 2005 killing of U.S. citizen Natalee Holloway from Mountain Brook, Alabama.
joran van der sloot, peru, homicide, national/world
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ