Obama touts bringing jobs back to US shores
WASHINGTON (AP) - January 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- President Barack Obama is calling attention to a forum next week with business leaders who have brought jobs back to America.
n the weekly radio and internet address, Obama says the forum will discuss ways business leaders can return more jobs to the country. He says the country is "heading in the right direction. And we're not going to let up."
For the Republicans, New York Rep. Nan Hayworth, says the answer is to promote small business and reduce government regulation.
She says yesterday's jobs report shows the difficulty that many Americans face in finding work. Hayworth says an unemployment rate above 8 percent for 35 months marks the longest such stretch since the Great Depression.
president barack obama, economy, employment, national/world
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Shower In Spots
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- No Triple Crown: Oxbow upsets Orb at Preakness