Obama touts bringing jobs back to US shores
WASHINGTON (AP) - January 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- President Barack Obama is calling attention to a forum next week with business leaders who have brought jobs back to America.
n the weekly radio and internet address, Obama says the forum will discuss ways business leaders can return more jobs to the country. He says the country is "heading in the right direction. And we're not going to let up."
For the Republicans, New York Rep. Nan Hayworth, says the answer is to promote small business and reduce government regulation.
She says yesterday's jobs report shows the difficulty that many Americans face in finding work. Hayworth says an unemployment rate above 8 percent for 35 months marks the longest such stretch since the Great Depression.
president barack obama, economy, employment, national/world
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos