Psychiatrist: Casey Anthony had no mental illness
ORLANDO, Fla. - January 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- A psychiatrist says in newly released depositions that he could find no evidence that Casey Anthony has a mental illness.
Jeff Danziger says the results of a psychological test that Anthony took were normal and that he regarded that as surprising.
The depositions of two psychiatrists who evaluated Anthony were unsealed Wednesday by a Florida judge.
According to the depositions, Casey told the psychiatrists in jailhouse interviews that her father, George Anthon, may have had some sort of sexual episode with the little girl, then drowned her. Her defense attorneys, however, claimed Caylee's death was an accident.
Anthony also told psychiatrists that she believes her pregnancy was the product of a date rape.
Casey Anthony is serving a year of probation at an undisclosed location in Florida on a check fraud charge. The 25-year-old was acquitted last July of killing her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee, in a trial that captured the nation's attention.
Transcripts of the deposition had been sealed. But the Orlando Sentinel asked the court to make them public and a judge agreed.
casey anthony, child death, florida, national/world
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof. 50 min ago
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Video: Prankster glues woman to Home Depot toilet
- Nelson Mandela lies in state in Pretoria,...
20 min ago