Gingrich: Romney's business record secondary in SC
WASHINGTON - January 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich says questions he's raising about Mitt Romney's record as a venture capitalist are "not the centerpiece" of his campaign in South Carolina.
The former House speaker said Romney's record as head of the equity firm Bain Capital is "an important question," however, because he predicated his campaign on the argument that he has the necessary business experience to restore the economy.
Gingrich says, "I'm campaigning as a pro-jobs, Reagan conservative in South Carolina."
The Georgia Republican was asked on Fox News Channel's "Fox & Friends" about a man's statement at a campaign event Wednesday that Gingrich should lay off questions about whether the former Massachusetts governor benefited from a culture of corporate greed at Bain Capital.
Gingrich told the questioner, "I agree with you."
election, republicans, mitt romney, south carolina, newt gingrich, national/world
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight 56 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester 8 min ago
- Van crash leaves 2 men trapped in Center City 47 min ago
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford 9 min ago
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire 12 min ago
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
56 min ago
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight...
11 min ago