Gingrich: Romney's business record secondary in SC
WASHINGTON - January 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich says questions he's raising about Mitt Romney's record as a venture capitalist are "not the centerpiece" of his campaign in South Carolina.
The former House speaker said Romney's record as head of the equity firm Bain Capital is "an important question," however, because he predicated his campaign on the argument that he has the necessary business experience to restore the economy.
Gingrich says, "I'm campaigning as a pro-jobs, Reagan conservative in South Carolina."
The Georgia Republican was asked on Fox News Channel's "Fox & Friends" about a man's statement at a campaign event Wednesday that Gingrich should lay off questions about whether the former Massachusetts governor benefited from a culture of corporate greed at Bain Capital.
Gingrich told the questioner, "I agree with you."
election, republicans, mitt romney, south carolina, newt gingrich, national/world
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash 55 min ago
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
55 min ago