Houston toddler found unharmed in abandoned SUV
HOUSTON - January 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a Houston toddler who was missing for 15 hours after a stranger stole his mother's SUV with the child inside has been found unharmed.
Houston police say 18-month-old Evan Montgomery Lamar Miller was still strapped in the backseat when the 1996 Jeep Cherokee was discovered Friday morning behind a strip mall about a block from the Walmart parking lot in Houston where the car was stolen.
A police statement says Evan "appears to be fine."
Evan's mother left the car's engine idling Thursday evening when she ran into the store to withdraw some money from an ATM. His 7-year-old cousin fled the SUV as a man climbed into the car and drove it away.
missing children, houston, texas, national/world
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada 32 min ago
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia 39 min ago
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial 39 min ago
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Video: Prankster glues woman to Home Depot toilet 31 min ago
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela...
39 min ago
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
39 min ago
- Woman stabbed to death in Germantown
42 min ago