'Prolific' Arizona child molester gets 560 years
PHOENIX (AP) - January 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man dubbed by "America's Most Wanted" as one of the most prolific child molesters in Arizona history has been sentenced to 560 years in prison.
Arthur Leon Vitasek was sentenced by Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Peter Reinstein on Friday.
The 47-year-old was found guilty in November of 26 counts that included sexual conduct with a minor, child molestation and public sexual indecency.
The charges stem from the molestation of eight boys from 7 to 15 years old in Mesa, Phoenix and Paradise Valley over a 15-year period. Police suspect there are more victims.
Vitasek was arrested in Texas in September 2006 after being on the lam for more than a year and a half.
"America's Most Wanted" featured Vitasek on the program numerous times before his arrest.
arizona, child sex assault, children, national/world
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor 1 min ago
- Very unsettled Thursday 18 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death 31 min ago
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack 32 min ago
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight crime 33 min ago
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
31 min ago
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight...
33 min ago
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack
32 min ago