'Prolific' Arizona child molester gets 560 years
PHOENIX (AP) - January 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man dubbed by "America's Most Wanted" as one of the most prolific child molesters in Arizona history has been sentenced to 560 years in prison.
Arthur Leon Vitasek was sentenced by Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Peter Reinstein on Friday.
The 47-year-old was found guilty in November of 26 counts that included sexual conduct with a minor, child molestation and public sexual indecency.
The charges stem from the molestation of eight boys from 7 to 15 years old in Mesa, Phoenix and Paradise Valley over a 15-year period. Police suspect there are more victims.
Vitasek was arrested in Texas in September 2006 after being on the lam for more than a year and a half.
"America's Most Wanted" featured Vitasek on the program numerous times before his arrest.
arizona, child sex assault, children, national/world
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila. 41 min ago
- Winter Warm Up 39 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Purse snatcher caught on camera in Montco
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Derailed train car blocks road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
30 min ago