Police: 2 people wounded in shooting at Mo. mall
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) - January 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- A young man and woman have been wounded in a shooting at a suburban Kansas City mall.
Independence police spokesman Tom Gentry tells The Associated Press that two young men have been identified as persons of interest in the shooting Saturday afternoon at Independence Center.
He says the two men had an altercation with the victims while going through a doorway. He says the shooting happened when the two pairs met up later.
Gentry says the victims' injuries are not life-threatening. He says "everything is secure" at the mall and "no one else is in a position to be harmed."
Police are interviewing at least a dozen witnesses.
shooting, missouri, shopping, national/world
- Boy killed in Chester accident ID'd
- Unsettled to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Woman pulled from Phila. collapse loses both legs
- Committee sets hearings on demolitions in Phila.
- Video: Dash cam view of Lindenwold school bus crash
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Monday's storms
- Multi-alarm fire at titanium plant in Berks
- Girl, 4, dies after crash that killed father
- Burlington taxi driver death ruled homicide, victim ID'd
- Photos: 7 arrests in Phila. prostitution cases
- Automatic renewal contracts
- Tracy ties it in 9th, but Phils win in bottom half