Turbulence leads to 3 injuries on American flight
MIAMI (AP) - January 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- An American Airlines spokeswoman says three crew members aboard a Brazil-to-Miami flight have been injured due to turbulence during the trip.
The Miami Herald reports that airline spokeswoman Mary Frances Fagan says the crew members were injured when Flight 980 from Recife Airport in Brazil encountered turbulence en route to Miami International Airport.
Fagan said three flight attendants were injured "to some degree" during the Sunday flight, which landed just after 6:30 p.m. EST. The passenger jet was carrying 136 passengers and nine crew members.
Miami airport spokeswoman Maria Levrant said the injured crew members were taken to local hospitals for treatment. No other information was released about the severity of their injuries.
american airlines, air travel, national/world
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 17 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
17 min ago