Turbulence leads to 3 injuries on American flight
MIAMI (AP) - January 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- An American Airlines spokeswoman says three crew members aboard a Brazil-to-Miami flight have been injured due to turbulence during the trip.
The Miami Herald reports that airline spokeswoman Mary Frances Fagan says the crew members were injured when Flight 980 from Recife Airport in Brazil encountered turbulence en route to Miami International Airport.
Fagan said three flight attendants were injured "to some degree" during the Sunday flight, which landed just after 6:30 p.m. EST. The passenger jet was carrying 136 passengers and nine crew members.
Miami airport spokeswoman Maria Levrant said the injured crew members were taken to local hospitals for treatment. No other information was released about the severity of their injuries.
american airlines, air travel, national/world
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish