More charges for man accused in Colo. kidnapping
PUEBLO, Colo. - January 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man suspected in the kidnapping of a 9-year-old girl who escaped and called police from a Colorado Springs convenience store faces charges in another case involving a girl the same age.
The Colorado Springs Gazette reports (http://bit.ly/wi4sP8 ) Jose Humberto Garcia appeared in court Monday to face charges of kidnapping and sexually assaulting his ex-girlfriend's 9-year-old daughter. Police say the alleged assault happened after he checked the girl out of Columbian Elementary School on Thursday. He had been an emergency contact for the girl.
Later on Thursday, authorities say Garcia kidnapped another 9-year-old girl from the same school as she walked home. She escaped the next day.
Police say kidnapping and other charges against Garcia in that case are pending. Officials say he's in solitary confinement for his safety.
kidnapping, colorado, national/world
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers 3 min ago
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide 1 min ago
- SW Phila. shootings possibly connected to bar fight
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- Report: FBI agent fatally shoots Tsarnaev associate 5 min ago
- D.A.: Girlfriend's murder in Chesco 'an execution'
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces 6 min ago
- Vatican insists that no papal exorcism took place
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
1 min ago