Rep. Barney Frank to marry longtime partner
WASHINGTON - January 26, 2011 (WPVI) -- Retiring Massachusetts congressman Barney Frank, a gay pioneer in Congress, plans to marry his longtime partner Jim Ready of Maine.
A spokesman for Frank confirmed Thursday that the congressman's wedding will be in Massachusetts, but said no date had been set.
The Democrat announced last fall that he was retiring at the end of his 16th term.
gay marriage, national/world
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Shower In Spots
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- No Triple Crown: Oxbow upsets Orb at Preakness