Family of Somalia kidnap victims: Relief, grateful
NAIROBI, Kenya - January 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- The families of an American woman and a Danish man rescued by U.S. Navy SEALs from their Somali captors say they are grateful for all the efforts made to rescue the two.
A statement on Friday from the Danish Refugee Council on behalf of the families said that family members are relieved that both escaped unharmed.
U.S. Navy SEALs rescued the two hostages in a pre-dawn raid Wednesday. Nine Somali captors were killed during the raid.
American Jessica Buchanan and Poul Hagen Thisted, a Dane, were kidnapped in October while carrying out demining work.
somalia, kidnapping, national/world
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- School Closings & Delays
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes 3 min ago
- Video: Widener U. students help stuck drivers
- Nearly 1 foot fo snow in parts of Delaware
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm 14 min ago
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com!
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands