Family of Somalia kidnap victims: Relief, grateful
NAIROBI, Kenya - January 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- The families of an American woman and a Danish man rescued by U.S. Navy SEALs from their Somali captors say they are grateful for all the efforts made to rescue the two.
A statement on Friday from the Danish Refugee Council on behalf of the families said that family members are relieved that both escaped unharmed.
U.S. Navy SEALs rescued the two hostages in a pre-dawn raid Wednesday. Nine Somali captors were killed during the raid.
American Jessica Buchanan and Poul Hagen Thisted, a Dane, were kidnapped in October while carrying out demining work.
somalia, kidnapping, national/world
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 24 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight 22 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken 53 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown 51 min ago
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia
- Freeze Warning overnight
22 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos