Crews try to stabilize Ohio casino collapse site
CINCINNATI (AP) - January 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- A hospital spokesman says a worker who was injured when a floor collapsed at an Ohio casino construction site remains in serious condition a day later as investigators work to figure out what happened.
More than a dozen workers were hurt Friday morning at the Horseshoe Casino Cincinnati site, where they were pouring a section of concrete floor.
Most of the injured had been treated for bumps and scrapes and released by Saturday afternoon. One man was hospitalized in serious condition.
The Cincinnati Enquirer reports crews were stabilizing the site Saturday amid investigations by city and workplace safety officials.
The collapse occurred weeks after a similar accident at a Cleveland casino with the same developers. The developers have said there's no link between the two accidents.
Information from: The Cincinnati Enquirer, http://www.enquirer.com
ohio, collapse, national/world
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police