Crews try to stabilize Ohio casino collapse site
CINCINNATI (AP) - January 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- A hospital spokesman says a worker who was injured when a floor collapsed at an Ohio casino construction site remains in serious condition a day later as investigators work to figure out what happened.
More than a dozen workers were hurt Friday morning at the Horseshoe Casino Cincinnati site, where they were pouring a section of concrete floor.
Most of the injured had been treated for bumps and scrapes and released by Saturday afternoon. One man was hospitalized in serious condition.
The Cincinnati Enquirer reports crews were stabilizing the site Saturday amid investigations by city and workplace safety officials.
The collapse occurred weeks after a similar accident at a Cleveland casino with the same developers. The developers have said there's no link between the two accidents.
Information from: The Cincinnati Enquirer, http://www.enquirer.com
ohio, collapse, national/world
- Snow today, heavy at times 56 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded 55 min ago
- Heavy flames damage Southwest Philadelphia house 44 min ago
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Snow today, heavy at times
56 min ago
- John Rawlins tracks the snowstorm
17 min ago
- Katherine Scott tracks the storm from...
15 min ago