Man tries to carry girl away at Ga. Walmart
BREMEN, Ga. - February 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a 7-year-old girl recalled her stranger danger training and was able to get away from a parolee who tried to abduct her at a Walmart store in west Georgia.
Police Chief Keith Pesnell says 25-year-old Thomas A. Woods of Austell, Ga., tried to take the girl Wednesday from a toy aisle while her mom was in a different aisle.
Security video from the store shows a man carrying the girl away, releasing her after she struggled to get away.
Pesnell says Woods faces a charge of attempted kidnapping and was out on parole after being convicted of voluntary manslaughter in a suburban Atlanta county.
Atlanta TV station WAGA reports Woods said he is innocent and denied the abduction attempt as he was being led into jail.
walmart, abduction, georgia, national/world
- Mom of tasered teen arrested for shoplifting 14 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Mom of tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
14 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos