Cops: Ohioan stuck son in dryer, then turned it on
CAMBRIDGE, Ohio - February 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say an Ohio man who stuck his 3-year-old son in a clothes dryer as punishment and then turned it on is facing child endangerment charges.
The Zanesville Times reports that 40-year-old Jamial Bayly is scheduled for a video arraignment Thursday in Cambridge Municipal Court.
Guernsey County Sheriff Michael McCauley says deputies went to the Cambridge home Sunday after getting a tip from family members.
Deputies found the boy had been put in the dryer, which was then turned on. They didn't see any visible injuries on him. McCauley says he doesn't know how long the boy had been in the dryer.
The sheriff says the boy was released to his mother, who wasn't home when deputies arrived.
Cambridge Municipal Court records don't list an attorney for Bayly.
ohio, child abuse, national/world
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis
- DeCoatsworth seeks to withdraw guilty plea
- Mistrial declared in Philly priest sex-abuse case 30 min ago
- 2 dead, others missing in NYC building explosion 27 min ago
- Montco student diagnosed with meningitis-causing infection 14 min ago
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush...
28 min ago
- Montco student diagnosed with...
14 min ago