Cops: Ohioan stuck son in dryer, then turned it on
CAMBRIDGE, Ohio - February 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say an Ohio man who stuck his 3-year-old son in a clothes dryer as punishment and then turned it on is facing child endangerment charges.
The Zanesville Times reports that 40-year-old Jamial Bayly is scheduled for a video arraignment Thursday in Cambridge Municipal Court.
Guernsey County Sheriff Michael McCauley says deputies went to the Cambridge home Sunday after getting a tip from family members.
Deputies found the boy had been put in the dryer, which was then turned on. They didn't see any visible injuries on him. McCauley says he doesn't know how long the boy had been in the dryer.
The sheriff says the boy was released to his mother, who wasn't home when deputies arrived.
Cambridge Municipal Court records don't list an attorney for Bayly.
ohio, child abuse, national/world
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville 20 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 million dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large 24 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Gloucester Twp. school put on precautionary lockout
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier 59 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies