Cops: Ohioan stuck son in dryer, then turned it on
CAMBRIDGE, Ohio - February 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say an Ohio man who stuck his 3-year-old son in a clothes dryer as punishment and then turned it on is facing child endangerment charges.
The Zanesville Times reports that 40-year-old Jamial Bayly is scheduled for a video arraignment Thursday in Cambridge Municipal Court.
Guernsey County Sheriff Michael McCauley says deputies went to the Cambridge home Sunday after getting a tip from family members.
Deputies found the boy had been put in the dryer, which was then turned on. They didn't see any visible injuries on him. McCauley says he doesn't know how long the boy had been in the dryer.
The sheriff says the boy was released to his mother, who wasn't home when deputies arrived.
Cambridge Municipal Court records don't list an attorney for Bayly.
ohio, child abuse, national/world
- Screaming man attacks police district, cars with hammer 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 33 min ago
- Couple attacked by cat say they'll get it help
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 20 min ago
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
33 min ago