Iran to unveil new nuclear projects
TEHRAN, Iran - February 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- Iran's official news agency says that President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad will unveil new nuclear projects on Wednesday.
IRNA did not say in its Tuesday report what the projects would be.
But an independent news website that regularly reports on nuclear developments says the ceremonies are likely to include the formal inauguration of the the underground Fordo uranium enrichment site in central Iran, and starting operations on two lines of centrifuges there.
Irannuc.ir also says that the president is also likely to announce the final stage of production of nuclear fuel rods to be used in a Tehran research reactor.
The U.S. and its allies accuse Iran of seeking nuclear weapons, a charge Tehran denies.
nuclear power, iran, Mahmoud Ahamdinejad, national/world
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 2 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend! 24 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft 13 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting 18 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run 29 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Finally, a nice weekend!
24 min ago
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239...
2 min ago
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart...
13 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton...
18 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos