Thai police: 2 more suspects in terror case
BANGKOK (AP) - February 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Thai police say they are searching for two more suspects in a botched terror plot against Israeli diplomats that has been blamed on Iran.
Bangkok police commissioner Lt. Gen. Winai Thongson says one of the two new suspects may have been providing training in the use of explosives to three Iranian men who were detained in Thailand and Malaysia this week.
Winai said Friday that a 52-year-old man was seen early Tuesday on closed circuit camera footage leaving a house used by the Iranians in Bangkok where explosives detonated accidentally later in the day.
Winai says police are looking for an additional suspect who had rented the destroyed house with an Iranian woman who is now believed to be back in Tehran.
terrorism, thailand, iran, israel, national/world
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway 33 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting 22 min ago
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor 52 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish 56 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Dealer charged with selling Sandy damaged cars