Thai police: 2 more suspects in terror case
BANGKOK (AP) - February 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Thai police say they are searching for two more suspects in a botched terror plot against Israeli diplomats that has been blamed on Iran.
Bangkok police commissioner Lt. Gen. Winai Thongson says one of the two new suspects may have been providing training in the use of explosives to three Iranian men who were detained in Thailand and Malaysia this week.
Winai said Friday that a 52-year-old man was seen early Tuesday on closed circuit camera footage leaving a house used by the Iranians in Bangkok where explosives detonated accidentally later in the day.
Winai says police are looking for an additional suspect who had rented the destroyed house with an Iranian woman who is now believed to be back in Tehran.
terrorism, thailand, iran, israel, national/world
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!