Thai police: 2 more suspects in terror case
BANGKOK (AP) - February 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Thai police say they are searching for two more suspects in a botched terror plot against Israeli diplomats that has been blamed on Iran.
Bangkok police commissioner Lt. Gen. Winai Thongson says one of the two new suspects may have been providing training in the use of explosives to three Iranian men who were detained in Thailand and Malaysia this week.
Winai said Friday that a 52-year-old man was seen early Tuesday on closed circuit camera footage leaving a house used by the Iranians in Bangkok where explosives detonated accidentally later in the day.
Winai says police are looking for an additional suspect who had rented the destroyed house with an Iranian woman who is now believed to be back in Tehran.
terrorism, thailand, iran, israel, national/world
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del. 40 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 52 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike 20 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 50 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 48 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets 53 min ago
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber