2 shot, 1 arrested during Mardi Gras festivities
NEW ORLEANS - February 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say two men were shot in the leg during a New Orleans parade that's part of the run-up to Mardi Gras, and a 16-year-old boy was arrested.
The victims' wounds were not considered serious. Meanwhile, the teen-ager was booked on a charge of carrying an illegal firearm. Investigators say he ditched a gun into a trash can as officers chased him, but they recovered it.
Police say more than one person may have been involved in Thursday night's shooting, and they are continuing to investigate.
The Krewe of Chaos floats were stopped to let ambulances through. After that, the parade resumed. It was one of three on Thursday night.
Tuesday is Mardi Gras, or Fat Tuesday. The advance celebrations are known as Carnival.
new orleans, mardi gras, shooting, national/world
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos