Infant killed after shots fired into Detroit home
DETROIT - February 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a 9-month-old boy was killed when shots were fired into a Detroit home early Monday.
Detroit Police Sgt. Gary Diaz says the infant was pronounced dead at a hospital, not long after the 4:30 a.m. incident.
Diaz says shell casings have been found outside the home, and the shots could have been fired from a moving car. A witness told investigators a car sped away after the shooting.
No arrests have been made. Police have not elaborated further on the circumstances surrounding the shooting.
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Family of injured Harrah's racer sues casino 19 min ago
- Snow plot overturns on I-95 in Delaware 26 min ago
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words 14 min ago
- Obama announces sanctions against Russians
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- Video: Swan attacks elderly woman in Berks Co.
- Photos: Pictures from Phila. St. Patrick's Parade
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
14 min ago