2-hour evacuation at a NY Kennedy Airport terminal
NEW YORK - February 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- The British Airways terminal at New York's Kennedy Airport was evacuated for about two hours due to a security incident.
Port Authority spokesman Steve Coleman says a person walked away when told to step aside for a secondary security check around 5:20 a.m. Friday.
Coleman says that according to protocol, airport workers had to "clean out the entire terminal and rescreen everybody."
Passengers were allowed to board their flights around 7:40 a.m. But there were some residual delays.
new york, airline security, national/world
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler 4 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expressway crash 26 min ago
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep