2-hour evacuation at a NY Kennedy Airport terminal
NEW YORK - February 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- The British Airways terminal at New York's Kennedy Airport was evacuated for about two hours due to a security incident.
Port Authority spokesman Steve Coleman says a person walked away when told to step aside for a secondary security check around 5:20 a.m. Friday.
Coleman says that according to protocol, airport workers had to "clean out the entire terminal and rescreen everybody."
Passengers were allowed to board their flights around 7:40 a.m. But there were some residual delays.
new york, airline security, national/world
- Homes damaged by Ocean County forest fire
- Winds Ease Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Wedding crashers caught on camera
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 13 min ago
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests